We are looking for a public affairs officer who can support our political engagement across our group, helping to raise our profile and increase our influence among policy makers.
InfraStrata, a London-listed AIM company, develops and operates high value strategic infrastructure facilities. It owns the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast and Appledore and has two projects: a gas storage project in Islandmagee, Northern Ireland; and a FSRU project off the coast of Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria.
As Policy & Public Affairs Officer, you will support the business in understanding and navigating the political and policy landscape. The successful candidate will enjoy a busy and varied approach to their work, being able to balance a number of competing priorities. You will be part of the Marketing & Communications team, reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications who sits within that team.
- You will be required to digest, understand and engage in a broad range of policy issues that may impact the brand and our operations
- Support strategy and planning for our external engagement
- Monitoring of Westminster, Northern Ireland Assembly, government departments, key political actors, think tank outputs and relevant academic research; and producing brief summaries
- Providing intelligence reports
- Preparing oral and written briefings ahead of meetings with Ministers, MPs, civil servants, local authorities, councillors and other stakeholders
- Drafting parliamentary correspondence and submissions
- Supporting party conference programmes and other relevant events
- At times, you will also be required to support other functions within the team
You will ideally have some work experience in a political environment. We are looking for someone with a real passion and energy for public affairs, with the ability to work across teams and with colleagues across our group.
- You will have the required skillset to communicate verbally or in writing to all of our audiences whether it be a politician, government officials or a senior member of our leadership and executive teams
- Critical thinking and understanding
- Understanding the political decision-making process across the UK and Northern Ireland
- Ability to draft documents that are logically structured, presenting a full, balanced picture with a persuasive conclusion
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, a real people person
- Highly motivated candidates who can work independently to drive projects forwards
- Excellent negotiation and influencing
Benefits & Remuneration
- Salary: £23K
- Private healthcare
- Gym membership
You will be based in our central London office in the Northern & Shell Building by Monument, a short walk from several tube stations, London Bridge, Liverpool Street and Fenchurch Street. Borough Market and the heart of the City is just a short stroll away, making lunchtimes and after work drinks fun!